Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow (Ice) Day!

Yesterday and today my work is off for "icy conditions", which couldn't be better for me because:
(a) I'm still getting over the stupid flu
(b) Since I travel for work so much I *never* get to lay around the house

Soooo.. that's exactly what I did. I stayed in my PJs all day. DH had the day off two because he was post-call so he stayed in his PJs. We cleaned the house. We watched tv. We looked at vacation possibilities online. We napped. It was lovely. And I got to do one of the things I miss so much by being away. Make a nice dinner. So that's what I did. Joe requested one of his all-time-favorite meals. It was so YUM.

Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
Ingredients:
2 lbs boneless stinless chicken breasts
1 lb smoked or cajun sausage
blackening seasoning
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups cooked bowtie pasta
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 T. butter
2 T. EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
parmesean cheese

Directions:
Cut raw chicken into bite sized pieces (I use my kitchen shears) and place in a ziplock bag with blackening seasoning. Toss to coat. Slice the sausage. Melt the butter in a large skillet along with the EVOO and heat until very hot. Add chicken, sausage and garlic and sautee until golden brown. Add the chicken broth and simmer until it's reduced by half. Add the heavy cream and simmer until the sauce is thick. Add the cooked pasta and warm throughout. Remove from heat. Toss in parmesean cheese and mix well. Enjoy :)

0 comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs