Monday, August 17, 2009

Garage Sales and Golf...

I wanted to join in Southern Hospitality's carnival to show weekend garage sale and thrift store goodies. I am so NOT ashamed to admit I LOVE garage sales! It's probably the thrill of the hunt more than anything! On Friday afternoon I had time to stop at two little garage sales right by my house and I found some good stuff!!

Big, round basket. Lord, do I love baskets!! $3

Brand-new tack-board. I'll probably put this in the laundry room and pin pictures/lists/coupons/recipes to it. $1

Glass vase, $0.25, set of wooden serving spoons, $0.10 apiece, Mikasa linen napkins, $0.25 for the set!

Pink zebra pattern - the way to my heart!

BH&G cookbooks, $0.25 each!

On Sunday afternoon the weather was so pretty and Joe and I didn't want to hang around the house all day so we decided to check out a golf course on the east side of town. It's smack dab in the middle of a big sub-division, but it is a full 18 holes with sand traps and ponds to hit across!

I played the first three holes and then situated myself in the golf-cart and acted as caddy the rest of the time while Joe played ;-) (I did bring my book so I could read during the times he was hunting for his ball! Haha!)


Hope you had a good weekend!

4 comments:

Shawna said...

LOVE the zebra print napkins! What a DEAL!!!! :-D

Its So Very Cheri said...

You found some great deals.
Come for a visit.
Cheri
Its So Very Cheri

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Great buys on the Better Homes and Gardens cookbooks

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Great finds! The napkins are cute!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs