Thursday, August 25, 2011

Birth Announcement

I wanted to share the birth announcement we sent a couple weeks ago for Landon. (A tip to expecting mamas - choose and set up your announcement before the baby comes so all you have to do is add a picture!) I didn't get them out as soon as I wanted but I figured 6 weeks wasn't too bad. I think I addressed them two at a time - when I could sit Landon down for five minutes here and there.


We used the seller westwillow from Etsy. I think she did a fabulous job! The pictures were taken at a one week shoot we set up at our house with our photographer friend Katie. I can't tell you how nice it was to have someone come to our house to take pictures that soon after leaving the hospital. I don't think I could have done a traditional studio shoot. I was so nervous that I wouldn't be able to get (or keep) him asleep for the pictures but he did great!

I'm planning on framing an announcement for his nursery - I thought it would make a nice keepsake :)

2 comments:

Learning Life with Mrs. Worthington! said...

I loved the announcement! It was totally adorable! BTW, Emme wore one of the dresses you sent to her first day of preschool :) She looked so sweet. Hope you are well! xoxo

Mel said...

What a CUTE announcement!

You were so smart to get it all designed and set up so you could just stick the picture in after he arrived. I didn't think to do that and finally got mine out after a month or two. lol

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs