Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hair-umentary

I've been wanting to do a "Hair-umentary" for a while now and I finally decided to go through all my old pictures and put them up!

My hair has always been just about BLACK - I've had it highlighted a couple of times but almost every single time it turns out orange because it's so difficult to lift the color. I would love to be a blonde or redhead but I guess I'll have to wait until I have white hair so I can dye it then! Ha!

I was born with a full head of black hair (and also looking a little Asian, no?)


As a toddler, my mom kept my hair in the Dorothy Hammil, even though it was about ten years after it became popular.

As I got a little older my mom let me grow it out with some bangs and we discovered the love of pigtails!

Sometime around the age of ten my mom decided to give my sister and I both a poodle perm and I'm sad to say I don't know where those pictures are. We would get gum and combs stuck in it. This was long before dreadlocks were in fashion, so basically I had a year-round rat's nest on top of my head.

In Junior High I finally decided to start growing my hair out, and honestly, I haven't had it short since.

By the time I was in High School, I had long hair that I would wake up early and curl with my hot rollers.

In college, I lived with a frizzy ponytail.

Or I just left it down and frizzy.

But then I discovered the Chi flat iron. It was a hair revolution!!

I had a short stint as a redhead (wig!).

Then, Reese Witherspoon showed up at the Oscars with bangs and my world was changed. I immediately cut some bangs into my hair!

I went back and forth between having short, blunt bangs and then hating them and growing them out. That's been the story of my life for about the last five years!

Currently, my hair is about the longest it's ever been. I'm sure it won't be long before I go back to some bangs and I'd like to chop some of the length off again. Stay tuned! Ha!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your hair is gorgeous! Seriously, what I would give for long nice hair. I tried to grow it but then I get to a point where I just can't take it anymore and then CHOP I cup it all off!! lol... I lack patience if you haven't noticed that much about me yet.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what you might do with your hair next :)

Brittany Ann said...

I adore your hair! It's gorgeous and quite stunning - in color, texture, everything! I have hair envy!

Sassy Gal said...

I can so relate to your hair journey...especially the mom-perm thing...OH MY...I swear that perms ruined my life on more occasions that I can remember...well, I love your hair now...it's beautiful...keep us updated!!!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs