Thursday, December 26, 2013

Welcome, Emory

Two weeks ago yesterday Joe and I welcomed our precious daughter into the world! We have had such a WONDERFUL two weeks enjoying her.

We named her Emory. It's a name I've always loved -- an old family name on my maternal grandpa's side. We thought about using some other more popular names but we always came back to Emory and now that she's here she really is an "Emory". The name just suits her! We used Leigh as her middle name; it's my middle name and I'm named after my Grandpa (he spells it Lee, my mom "feminized it" -- hah!).
I had a scheduled C-section this time (after some complications with my labor with Landon) and I have to say - this recovery has been MUCH smoother! I rested quite a bit the first week but since then I've been up and going and now I'm pretty much back to normal. I was on heavy duty pain medicine for 13 weeks after Landon and I'm glad to say this time I only needed them a week or so. This has been such a blessing because I have a spunky little 2 year old who I still want to chase around ;-)
Emory is a tiny little thing - she was born at 7lb, 1oz - but she feels so little after holding Landon. She is swimming in her newborn sized clothes still! Speaking of Landon, he adores his little sister. We've made sure to really make him feel special for being a big brother and so far he has loved on Emory as much as we have!
Joe got a full three weeks off work to be home for paternity leave. We figured out it has been his longest break since his 2nd year of medical school in 2007! He goes back to work on January 2nd and I've already begged him to quit his job because it has been SO nice to have him home!!
I am so grateful for being blessed with a healthy and beautiful daughter. Daughter. It still sounds weird to say! We are just so in love with her :) I WILL-will-will be back with more updates. I know I will kick myself if I don't document these precious (and crazy) days.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ooohh! congratulations! her name is beautiful and i LOVE the book worm picture! may have to steal that idea in a few months... ;) glad you're recovering well. many well wishes to you and your *new* family!

Faulkner's Ranch said...

So many things to say!
1. She is beautiful! But so is her mama so of course I'm not surprised!
2. So so so glad to hear that your recovery is going well. I was wondering how your labor went since I knew Landon's story.
3. 3 whole weeks!!! That must have felt like three years in doctor land! Ben just had five days off and it flew by way too fast. Anyway, that's awesome that he got that time off and you got to enjoy your new little gal.

Anyway, sending lots of love to you guys! Can't wait to see more pictures and hear all about her!

Renda said...

Congrats !!!!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs