Monday, May 23, 2011
Posted by Brittany at 4:57 PM
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
How I'm feeling:
Except for the fact that I can't move or roll over in bed, or get out of the bathtub or shave my legs very well I feel excellent! Haha! I've definitely started to waddle!
About the baby:
The baby is still kicking up a storm! I feel it mostly when I'm lying on my side and right now it's laying really high and along my right side. I can't wait to find out exactly what position he/she is in (at my 36 week doctor appointment). Since we've officially decided on a boy name and a girl name we are starting to refer to the baby by these names, interchangeably.
We have an appointment every 1-2 weeks. Joe has still not skipped one appointment which amazing with his work hours! We had an appointment yesterday and the biggest news is.... our due date has officially been changed! 7/2/11 (the day before our 5 year wedding anniversary) :)
Current favorite foods: cold glass of milk, corn on the cob (obsessed)
Current food aversions: still can't even bear to think about avocados or eggs. I divert my eyes when I see them at the grocery store.
I'm starting to get some things done for curtains, lamp, etc!!
We still haven't bought much more because our shower is in a couple weeks.
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
As promised!! I wanted to put together a list of things that I found useful during the (BEST) trimester of pregnancy - the 2nd! During this time, a mama will probably be starting to really grow in the belly, put together the nursery and start to really think about what life with the baby is going to be like. Or at least that was my experience! (If you missed the 1st Trimester Survival Guide - go HERE!)
1. BeMaternity Tanks from Target - I have one of these in every color (white, black, nude) and wear them under a shirt almost every single day! It helps me prevent Plumber's Belly (ha!) and I've been able to get by with a lot of the shirts I already had that are swingy and loose rather than buying a bunch of new shirts. It's seamless and SO comfortable and I also felt like it gave my belly and chest some added support.
2. Happiest Baby on the Block book - I had many mom's recommend this book to me - it's all about soothing your baby. I think it's good to get started on reading soothing and sleep books before the baby comes (let's face it, you probably won't have time once the baby is already here!)
3. Prilosec - My heartburn really started kicking in during the 2nd trimester. It got so bad that TUMS wouldn't even touch it and I was awake at all hours of the night in pain. My doctor originally put me on Zantac but after talking to several moms, I switched to Prilosec once a day. I literally have not had an ounce of heartburn since starting it!! Amazing stuff!!
5. Yoga DVD - I'll admit I have really reduced my exercise routine since becoming pregnant. I still walk quite a bit and I always try to take the stairs when I'm out and about. I also have used this DVD that's specifically geared toward pregnant women and really like it. It does have some challenging things (like pushups - eeps!) but the stretches are SO awesome. And there's a little dance portion I really like.
6. Lucie's List for registering - this blog is a Godsend for registering. I would tell any of my friends to not even dare registering without looking at this list. It's created by a real mama and it gives the most practical advice on the things you really need for the baby. I loved that it explained how car seats and strollers work in layman terms (I hope I'm not the only one who had no idea what the difference between an infant seat and convertible seat was!!). Anywhere you register *will* give you a list of "necessities" but it will be a list of approximately 650 items so this really helps you pare those lists down. I could go on forever how much I loved this blog.
7. Baby Names App for Phone (or book) - This is the time when deciding a name get's to be important! Joe and had a really hard time choosing names (and they're still a complete surprise to our family!). Any time we were on a road trip I would pull up this app and read names and we could spend a couple hours discussing the names. We ended up choosing some names that we had already liked for quite a while but this app helped us figure out there wasn't anything "better" out there for us :)
8. Old Navy Maternity Jeans - I have bought a lot of different brands of maternity jeans (including the pricey Pea in the Pod ones the celebrities supposedly wear) and I swear that Old Navy makes the best preggo jeans in the industry!! Even if you're like me and Old Navy jeans don't work for you when you're not pregnant, seriously give these a try! It's all I wear these days!!
Posted by Brittany at 9:43 AM
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Yesterday Boomer and I ran errands together. I might as well mention we had to mail our Mother's Day cards. Just a few days late this year. :( I love taking him with me when I have to run around town because he *loves* it so much. And he gets himself so excited that he usually sleeps the rest of the day. Which really isn't that different than a normal day. But I love when I come back out to the car after running an errand and he's all hi mom! ohmygosh yay you're here this is so fun yay yay yay!
Hope you had a good Monday!
Posted by Brittany at 11:38 AM
Monday, May 9, 2011
Y'all, my doctor is making me wear a heart rate monitor for a month and I'm trying to make myself feel better about it! Haha!
(inappropriate picture of my chest ahead - warning - but I do want to document this for myself so I can look back and remember at all the silliness).
It beeps obnoxiously and it's wires bulge underneath my clothes. I'm terrified it's going to beep during some inopportune time. Like church. During a prayer. haha!
So that's what happened at the cardiologist's office last week. But my EKG was perfect - yay! The heart rate monitor is just an added precaution. So I'm okay with that!
Are you like me and hate being sick, going to the doctor, or the thought of being a patient in a hospital? I have only been in the hospital one time - when I broke my hip waterskiing.
I know that wearing a heart rate monitor is really no big deal. I've read blogs of pregnant women who are on bed rest for months, or in the hospital for long periods of time because of complications. I know it could be so much worse so I really am thankful for that!
Have you been in the hospital? Have you ever had to wear a heart rate monitor or any other *fashionable* piece of medical equipment? ;-)
Posted by Brittany at 9:47 AM
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
In the last couple of days I have gotten TWO boxes in the mail that fill my little heart with happiness. First, my friend Jacki sent me two candles I have been dying to get my hands on - Vanilla Cupcake and Lemon. They're from Gold Canyon (best candles ever) and I want to scoop the wax out with a spoon and eat them both!!! Together!! I hope you don't find that weird.
Also, yesterday we finally got our baby bedding in the mail. We ordered it back in February from Etsy and I was starting to get worried the seller wasn't going to have it finished in time for the birth (!) but she did a great job and I love it so, so much! We kind of threw it in the crib for a picture without spending too much time arranging it because we need to get the mattress put in. Question for you. Am I supposed to wash the bedding before we put it in the bed? I know you're supposed to wash baby clothes but we won't actually be using the bumper while the baby is sleeping in the crib so I don't know if that counts. Please help! ha!
Also, can you be thinking of me tomorrow afternoon? My OB decided I needed to visit a cardiologist and get an EKG on my heart tomorrow. I've been having some heart palpitations and chest pains. I'm sure everything is fine but I'm a little nervous. :)
Posted by Brittany at 12:39 PM