Friday, August 8, 2008

A mile in my shoes

Last weekend I had a water skiing accident. Can you believe I broke and dislocated my hip? I wasn't even trying to do any cool tricks and I had a horrible wipe-out on the lake. Spent about 36 hours in the hospital. I'm home now on 2 weeks bedrest.

My life for now:
Friend R sent these really pretty (and happy!) flowers to the hospital:
Other friends/family have come to visit me, brought me food/magazines/books. I'm a lucky girl, actually.

DH also took the 2 weeks off to basically wait on me hand and foot ;-)

Plus.. in the midst of all this excitement.. I got a new job! I'm heading back to Oklahoma for a full time research job. I'll be with DH again soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww...the flowers turned out well! And yea!!!! your coming back to OK!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) :-) :-) :-)

Dr. Erin and Mr. Heath said...

Oh no, Brit! I'm so sorry. That really stinks. At least Joe was able to take off to nurse you back to health. And, Congrats on the new job! That's so exciting!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs