Thursday, July 14, 2011

2 weeks

Landon is officially two weeks old today! I don't know where the last two weeks have gone. It seems like we were just spending our first night with him in the hospital but in other ways it seems like we've had him two years instead of two weeks!!


Some highlights of what has been going on that I want to be able to remember:

- He sleeps a lot during the day and night! We can almost always get a three hour stretch out of him and sometimes we get as much as four or four and a half hours! Right now we're letting him dictate the schedule rather than trying to put him on some kind of schedule. I'm doing my best to nap when he sleeps during the day so I'm not too sleep deprived at this point.
- He is breastfeeding almost exclusively. I offer him one or two bottles of formula a day to give myself a breast vacation (as my lactation consultant calls it! Haha!). We are very lucky that he can easily go between breast and bottle with no confusion at all!
- He sleeps in either his Pack 'n Play (the newborn napper section) or the swing. His naps in the living room are in the Fisher Price Rock in Play Sleeper. He *loves* this thing!!!

- We had his two week appointment at the pediatrician today and he got circumcised. He did just fine (maybe the sugar water they put on his pacifier helped??!). He has gained back to his birth weight!

Some pictures of meeting him for the first time :) :)




My recovery from delivery is going much better than I thought it would be at the two week mark! I don't have much pain at all from the tear and I can get around just fine now. Breastfeeding is still h.a.r.d. I can't bear to think about a long term goal but I just try to get through one feeding at a time. I got mastitis on Day 5 and we hired a lactation consultant to come to the house every other day or so. She said my "nipple trauma" was the second worst she'd ever seen (isn't that nice? LOL). Thank you for all the encouragement you left on the last post - it helps!!

More updates to come SOON - now that I'm getting back in the swing of things :)







9 comments:

Melissa G said...

Ohhhh, you son is so precious! I love his sweet face! Thanks for the pictures!

I'm glad you are healing well. Those first few weeks can be so challenging!

Sassy In The South said...

Look at all of that hair! I hope you're soaking in every single second! Not to beat a dead horse, because I am sure you've been told this a million times...but seriously, soak in every second!

http://sassyinthesouth1.blogspot.com/

hopeinthehouse said...

First of all, your little boy is absolutely precious!!! SO, SO cute! And I had similar problems with breastfeeding, terrible breast infections, mastitis, cracked, bleeding nipples, you name it. I kept it up for 8 wks and then quit because I was still in so much pain and so much frustration. I'm not trying to discourage you, but just to say that do what's best for you and don't feel guilty if you have to quit. Some ppl made me feel really guilty when i quit and that made it harder. Anyway, enjoy your little cutie! =) ~~Kathy

hopeinthehouse said...

oops, I'm accidentally posting under my daughter's blog log in! haha - my blog is www.scrappykitkat.blogspot.com =)
~~Kathy

Newlywed Next Door said...

He is so cute!

So for the breastfeeding pain. You poor thing. Good for you for sticking with it.

Sassy Gal said...

God bless all of you!! Sweet, sweet little boy and family!

Learning Life with Mrs. Worthington! said...

OH MY GOODNESS, he is so sweet!!! We love our rock and play too! So happy you are feeling better. Love the pictures...I just want to squeeze him up! xoxoxoxo

KSK said...

Perfection!!!
*My husband felt the same way when we had LB... Like we had her all of our life together!

I hope your nursing gets better!!!

Rachael said...

cute pictures!!! I was wondering if you were able to get many. I also noticed you had makeup on in one of them! haha Can't wait to see more!!!!!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs