Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Jill's Baby Shower

Last weekend I was so excited to host a baby shower for my good friend Jill. We did our engineering degrees together at OU and she is such a sweet friend of mine! She has had a really inspirational story of getting pregnant and her baby boy is such a miracle. I was happy to celebrate them both!!

I decided to do a Peter Rabbit theme but ended up not incorporating as much rabbit things as I would have liked (simply because we are living out of suitcases right now!). But I thought it turned out cute anyway!

I made a pennant from a kit I found at Hobby Lobby. We glued "rabbit tails" (cottonballs) to the bottom. 
I got glass vases from the Dollar Tree and added fresh flowers and baby carrots to the bottom for centerpieces.
I thought it would be more fun to have homemade pies than cake! It was a hit!
We thought of such a cute, simple game to play. We had the moms from both sides send us little stories from when Jill and her husband were kids. We edited them so they were non-descriptive and printed them out into little strips. I had Danielle, Jill's sister, read them and the guests voted who they thought each story was about. Some of them were so funny!!
"Voting paddles" I made with cardboard and large popsicle sticks. One side said Jill and the other side was for her husband.
Instead of a guest book I just got note cards, twine and mini clothespins from Hobby Lobby and had guests write notes of love and advice on them.
I love this picture of Jill! She got so many great gifts!
I had so much fun celebrating with you Jill!


2 comments:

Trish said...

LOVE the theme! The carrots in the vase are the bomb. Next time I host a baby shower, I'm calling you for ideas!

Tiago said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs