Thursday, January 19, 2012

Valentine's Day Mailboxes

I've been trying to come up with an easy Valentine's Day craft because I'm hosting our monthly craft club for February. I saw (somewhere??) that Target had little tin mailboxes in the Dollar Spot so I went and bought some to experiment with. They are so cute for $1 and mine had red, white, turquoise and pink ones :)



I wanted to put them on a stand of some sort and I was at the Dollar Tree when I ran across these little black wrought iron candleholders. Right there on the second row down. Score!!


When I got home I just hot glued the mailboxes to the candleholders (the short one worked best upside down).


Michael's had all their scrapbooking embellishments 40% off so I got some odds and ends to dress up my mailboxes.


Of course I will monogram or initial anything that will sit still long enough, but I think you could also use some cute address like "101 Lover Lane" on the side ;-) - be creative!


And then I just added little stickers and things until I was satisfied. Landon's needed a little bird sitting on the top and mine got a butterfly :)






For my craft club I'm going to have each of the girls write a valentine for everyone else and put it in their box to read later. Won't that be fun? :)

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comments:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Aw, how cute. Love this idea. I'm a huge fan of that monthly craft club too. Love making things!

-Lauren

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs