Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Randoms

I am so glad it's Friday! We've had such a long week because Landon has been sick. He hasn't been sleeping {Wednesday night I held him all night long in the recliner - yawn} and he has been extra fussy. So I'm ready for the weekend! Let's just chat about some random things going through my head, shall we? ;-)

1. We got Landon's Valentine's Day card sent out and I think they turned out so cute!


2. I am obsessed with this heated throw blanket I got at Bed Bath and Beyond a few weeks ago. I get so cold while I sleep and so this baby sits under our sheet and blankets and I'm toasty all night long. It makes it even harder to get out of bed in the wee hours to tend to a sick baby though! Hah!
 3. My New Years Resolution this year was to eat more responsibly - more organic and local products and just an all around more natural and healthy lifestyle. It's going to be hard because my favorite things are cheeseburgers and Snickers bars. But I have been shopping at our new local organic grocery store (our city isn't cool enough for Whole Foods or Trader Joe's) and I've also been using reusable shopping totes. I have gotten several from different places but these are by FAR my favorites! They're from K-Mart and they were less than $2! They are also huge! I can fit a week's worth of groceries in two of these big totes. It certainly makes carrying everything in the house easier too. And I love the retro print on the front. Cute and practical? Win win!

4. Nothing is booked yet, but I think we will be going to Texas in the next couple of months for Joe to attend a conference for work. We are also trying to come up with ideas for a family vacation in the summer or early fall (depending on Joe's schedule for his last year of residency) but this will be our first trip as a family!

5. Is there anything cuter than a baby booty in Levi's? ;-)

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

VisitRapidCity said...

Rapid City is the perfect family vacation destination. We have many kid friendly affordable attractions and numerous National Parks all within an hours drive from Rapid City. www.VisitRapidCity.com

Rachael said...

You local organic grocery store wouldn't be that new Natural Grocers that I told you about that we have here in Norman that I'm in love with, would it? :) We LOVE ours! And some of their stuff is actually cheaper than Target.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs