Thursday, February 2, 2012

Valentine's Day Mantle

I don't usually put up a festive mantle for Valentine's Day but this year I decided I could "shop my house" for things to put up. Plus, something about having a kid makes me want to get into each holiday :)

Chalkboards are so easy to decorate with. They are "old school" and perfect for quotes - two of my favorite things. I had to think of something on the fly to put on up here so I used a line from one of my favorite songs to sing to Landon :)
 
L.O.V.E. by Nat King Cole
L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one I see
V is very very extraordinary
E is even more than anyone you adore and
Love was made for me and you
 I bought the cherub at Hobby Lobby in the Spring/Easter section.
 I love to decorate with candy (and then challenge myself to stay out of it!). Sweethearts for Valentine's Day. Malted eggs for Easter. Candy corn for Halloween. The possibilities are endless!
Pearls and diamonds! Yes, please! :)

Happy Thursday!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I am a new follower! My fiancé is about to start med-school, and we are getting married in June! I would LOVE to chat and get advice from you since you are a doctor wife as well!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs