Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Kansas City

It has been the most crazy summer! We have been living temporarily in Kansas City for the past five weeks for Joe to work at one of the hospitals here for a rotation. We are living in a teeny tiny corporate apartment that has a parking garage and a balcony and noisy neighbors {what a change from life in Wichita!}. We have a friend watching our house in Wichita and our mail is being held and we are having our lawn mowed by our neighbor. It's like being on a very extended vacation!!

I am loving it!
The first couple weeks we had swimming lessons every day. Swimming lessons with my child has always been one of my "envision yourself with kids" things that I have always, always looked forward to! I just kept thinking to myself that last summer I spent every single day inside because I was either huge pregnant or I had a newborn and now here we are taking swim lessons. It cracked me up because they had the kids try to practice kicking, going under water and even trying to climb out of the pool by themselves! It was really neat that they challenged the kids so much!
carousel at the mall
We have also had a lot of play dates with all of our Kansas City friends and I am hoping to squeeze in some more things before we go home.
We have a big park right by our apartment. We are also within walking distance to the Country Club Plaza and I have eaten at The Cheesecake Factory..well.. I won't tell you how many times. ;-)
blurry 4th of July
It's been such a fun summer so far. I don't think I want to leave! Well.. maybe I do want to sleep in my own bed again..

3 comments:

Trish said...

Glad you're having such a fun time! I can't wait to be w/in walking distance of the plaza! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get home!

Rachael said...

Let's see... you have been there 5 weeks, so I'm gonna guess 6 trips to CF? How close am I? P.S. I don't judge you!!! ;-)

Faulkner's Ranch said...

So glad you are enjoying KC! We miss you though - hurry back!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs