Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Baby Girl

You read that right! We are having a girl in December! I am SHOCKED because I always thought I'd be a mom to all boys. But BOY am I excited!!

I thought I'd share a few updates on the baby. I feel so guilty that I have not documented this pregnancy like I did with Landon. The truth is I'm so busy running around with him that I have usually forgotten I'm pregnant at all! I've felt great for the most part and I'm so thankful for that!!

I'm just a little past 23 weeks now and I'm starting to show a baby belly! I've been digging out some of my old maternity jeans and ordering a few things to wear with my expanding midsection. I'm so excited because H&M just opened their website for online shopping and these have become my ultimate favorite maternity jeans. They are seriously a revelation in maternity wear!
I have started working on the nursery. I was so torn on if I should even set one up because baby sister will only be 6 months old when we move to Kansas City and I know she will spend the first few months in our room with us. But at the end of the day this is probably our last baby and I wanted to indulge the experience of decorating a nursery again! ;-)
This is the fabric I've decided to use for most of the bedding. I think I'll end up going for an English type theme with a few touches of vintage castles/crowns. Joe's aunt will be making a lot of the bedding for us and I'm so excited to see what she does!

I already had an antique dresser I bought at a garage sale in Wichita as a project for a future nursery. A month or so ago Joe and I painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Coco and I distressed it so it looks worn and well loved. I love it!
I found this framed picture of Jesus in a gorgeous ornate frame at a garage sale two weeks ago for $1 (!!). I'm going to paint over or remove Jesus (sad face) and hang it above the crib.
We have NOT decided on a name. We have two front runners right now and we will probably either use Lucille or Mae for a middle name. Mae is my grandma's middle name.

Well that's a quick update on where we are with sister! 

Happy Tuesday!

1 comments:

Former Fat Bride said...

Yay!! Congrats! I'm sure her nursery will be beautiful! Can't wait to see pics.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs