Friday, August 2, 2013

Lifestyle Shoot Pictures

Way back towards the very beginning of spring my friend Katie from Novella Photography came over to our house to do a "Lifestyle Shoot" for us. I LOVE the concept of a lifestyle shoot - Katie literally just sat in the corner of the house and captured moments as we ate dinner, played, did bath and bedtime, etc. She was at our house for nearly four hours I think! It helps that she has done 100% of our family photos since Landon was born - we are super comfortable around her and she's also one of my best friends! :) We did have her take some posed shots at the front of the house while she was there since we knew we'd be selling and moving. I love these pictures so much; I know when we've forgotten the details of our first house and when Landon is moved away at college I will treasure having these moments on film :)






I am extra thankful that Katie was able to capture Boomer for us. Little did we know we would lose him several months later ~ we said goodbye to him just a few weeks ago. I haven't been ready to talk about him or how much we miss him. But he's left a huge hole in our family. I love looking at these pictures to remember him.
























4 comments:

Renda said...

What a beautiful idea to capture beautiful tender moments!

I'm so sorry to hear about Boomer. I totally understand your loss.

Learning Life with Mrs. Worthington! said...

Beautiful pics. SO many emotions ran through me as I looked at them! What a treasure!

Trish said...

Thank goodness there's one on that porch swing so we know it was yours first and not those people who moved in! Love these!

Unknown said...

Aww so glad you blogged them :) I love your sweet family!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs