Monday, October 7, 2013

My Fall Mantel

Since we are in a rental house for the year while Joe is in his fellowship I decided to scale back on our Fall decor and just do a nice mantel and some other small touches in the house. I love buying Halloween and Fall things but I didn't get anything new this year because I don't want to have to move it in June! :) So here is my "shop what I already had" Fall mantel. :)

I had an antique window that used to be in our bathroom and I put an old twig wreath in front of it. If there's any one piece of advice I've picked up over the years that really makes a mantel look great, it is: layering. I also had a weathered mini tree I got an an antique store in Wichita. I had used it on an end table to hold mini Easter eggs last Spring. Next to it I have an antique brass candlestick set I got at Goodwill for less than $1. I added an old leafy swag under the window and two white pumpkins from Hobby Lobby. And I love a Fall mantle with some black crows; I use them every single year. :)

I'm so glad Fall is here!!

0 comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs