Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Updated Skin Care Routine

I thought I would do a post on my current skin care routine because I have found some new things I liked lately!

I'm unfortunately NOT one of those lucky girls who has glowing skin while she's pregnant (or any time for that matter)! My sister has always had perfect skin and all she does is "splash water on her face" in the mornings! Some girls get all the luck! Ha!


I used to be a big fan of Proactiv but I kind of got away from using it because I thought it was drying my skin out, and I have dry skin to begin with! But I started using JUST the cleanser again lately and now I'm remembering why I liked it so much! It really controls the blemishes!


I alternate the Proactiv cleanser with MAC Cleansing Oil. I know, it seems odd to clean your face with oil but I read that the only way to really clean your face was with oils that break down the old makeup/junk on your face. And honestly, it's the most gentle cleanser I've found that leaves my skin fresh.


I also have a new LOVE that I keep in the shower and use 2-3 times per week - It's called Clean and Clear In Shower Facial. I am obsessed with it! It's about the consistency of peanut butter and you spread it all over your face in the hot shower and let it sit for a few minutes and then scrub it in and rinse. My skin is SO smooth after using it and those annoying pores on my nose are smaller!


My new favorite moisturizer is the Olay Total Effects. I tried a similar Olay moisturizer with self tanner in it and I didn't like it as well. But this moisturizer is great in my book!!


When my face is really dry, before bed I will put the Olay Total Effects all over my face and then lock it in with Un-Petroleum Jelly, which is like an organic form of the regular Vaseline. It doesn't cause breakouts like you might think! (Even Marilyn Monroe and old movie stars used Vaseline back in the day to make their skin dewy!!) When I wake up it has all absorbed into my skin and it's nice and supple!

Now if I could tackle cellulite and stretch marks! Ha!

I'd love to hear about any products you've been using on your face that you've been loving!!!

Happy Wednesday, y'all!! :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I am going to be trying Arbonne here pretty soon... just ordered it.
I am nervous about trying something new but it seems that the proactiv wasn't doing the trick like it used to. SO, onto something new for me.
There is actually a a cleansing method called the Oil Cleansing Method and it is supposed to work miracles... here's the link if you want to read about it:
http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/
I'm thinking I might also give that a go!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs