Monday, January 10, 2011

I'm Back! And 14 Weeks!

I've been on a little blogging hiatus (the three of you who read might have noticed! Ha!) because I decided around Christmas that I wanted to spend a few weeks away from the computer as much as possible. I don't know about you, but I can sit down at the computer and lose hours without even blinking an eye!

Last Friday I was 14 weeks pregnant! We have started working on the nursery so I want to do a separate post on that this week, but here is my regular update:



How I'm feeling:
I still have all-day-sickness (except a few good days here and there) but I've also started to get headaches. I think it's dehydration so I've been really trying to bump up the water intake. I HATE water and before being pregnant I hardly ever drank the stuff (I know, I know). I told Joe if water tasted like Diet Coke I'd have no problem! Ha!

About the baby:
The baby is the size of a large orange! Joe lets me come in for an ultrasound about once a week and we usually see him/her kicking around and sucking on his/her thumb. (I sucked my thumb until the 4th grade so I'm a little nervous about that habit!)

Doctor Appointments:
Our next appointment is next Monday for 16 weeks.

Food:
Current favorite foods: I still like salad and potatoes. I had a cheetos moment last week (I know, took extra vitamins that day! gross!)  Current food aversions: avocados and eggs have made me want to gag since about week 5. I honestly don't know if I'll ever eat an egg after this pregnancy.

My body:
Still bloated (flabby) but I think I can tell the roll of flab is starting to form into more of a "bump".

The nursery:
The nursery is cleaned out completely (we moved the office downstairs!). We have a paint sample on the wall and a few other ideas too!

Baby gear:
We've picked out our furniture online now we just need to order it as soon as the nursery is further along! Does anyone have any experience with JC Penney furniture? Everything seems to have good reviews and we couldn't find something we liked at Babies R Us.

Happy Monday!!

14 comments:

Annie said...

You look so CUTE! So do you know what you're having?Did I miss that post?

Renda said...

YEAH you're back !!

Leah said...

I'm the same way. If I didn't have a 2 year old I could probably spend the entire day reading blogs! :)

Congrats on your pregnancy by the way. You look great!

Allison said...

You look amazing! Congrats again!

New blog- http://mybicoastallife.blogspot.com

Brittany Ann said...

The same thing happened to me with eggs and avocados! I still can't eat either, and I loved both before I was pregnant.

Monica said...

Missed seeing your blog posts- love the updated picture! Cant wait to see more...

Anonymous said...

Yay - what a cute little baby bump! Sorry the sickness is persisting... Hopefully it passes soon!

Learning Life with Mrs. Worthington! said...

You look so cute! I have missed your posts! I am one of the 3 who check in daily ;) I hope your sickness subsides soon...

Victoria said...

Tinnnyyy bump but ssooo cute!

I heard a lot of ultrasounds aren't good for the baby?

Flannery said...

You're looking cute as always! I'm also one of your regular readers and I can't wait to watch the bump grow! :)

Anonymous said...

Yup, looks like your getting a baby bump! YEA!!!! :)

michelle ellis said...

You look beautiful and your bump is cutie! I'm 23 weeks and cannot.get.enough cheetos! I know they are terrible, but I can't help myself! Hope you start feeling better!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're back!! YAY!
Taking a break is definitely a good thing though... nothing wrong with that :)

That's so exciting that you get to go in and check the little bub out every week... that's awesome!

Allie said...

Very exciting! The pregnancy is moving along. Glad to see you back! :)

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs