Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Projects

I feel like I have so many project "balls" up in the air right now...!

I'm working hard to start planning Landon's first birthday party (say it ain't so!). I decided on a theme a couple months ago and now I'm trying to figure out how to coordinate cake, location, food, and all the other fun elements. It will be a Sherlock-Holmes-Detective-Vintage-London theme :-) Joe and I love London and I just brainstormed one day to pick something that we could incorporate with that. The problem is there are very very few inspiration things on Pinterest/the internet.


Last week I volunteered to work at a big clothes consignment sale my town has twice a year. I decided to consign some of Landon's old clothes too. Oh man! Going through everything, tagging, pricing, hanging and delivering everything was a lot of work! But I scored some great deals on stuff too!
yes, I used the treadmill as a temporary holding spot for clothes! hah!
I'm also in the process of re-decorating our master bedroom. Joe's aunt loves to sew so I had her make me a bedskirt and I'm trying to figure out how I want to re-cover the headboard and which direction to go with accent pillows/curtains/etc. I am SO indecisive! I found this bright green swirl fabric at Hobby Lobby and then brought it home to test it out. I just can't decide if it's a nice pop of color or if it's a little crazy. ???

Last night my girlfriends and I had our monthly craft club. We made these adorable yarn wreaths I've seen all over Pinterest. So cute!!

Happy Tuesday!!

1 comments:

Arun said...

Always a pleasure to meet a fellow Sherlockian :)

Have you read the book "Bending the Willow: Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes" by David Stuart Davies. This book is a must read for fans of the Granada adaptation and/or Jeremy Brett.

Cheers!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs