Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas 2012

Like I said in my last post, our Christmas was very different this year than it has ever been. I feel like we're still trying to figure out what our groove is for holidays since we don't live in the same city as our parents. Yet! :) Usually, we travel to Kansas City and spend Christmas Eve with Joe's family having a nice meal, going to church and wake up Christmas morning and do the traditional Christmas then. And then we spend the next day or two at my parents'. But this year, since Christmas fell on a Tuesday and due to the rotation Joe is on this month, he couldn't leave town. So we celebrated our own "Christmas" on Christmas Eve and day and then went home the following weekend.

We always open one gift on Christmas Eve, which is a new pair of pajamas. This is one of my favorite traditions. I love PJs! Landon got really into opening his gift (he did not have the same enthusiasm on Christmas day as you will see..).
Joe got me a nightgown from the Disney Luxe collection. It sounds totally immature but it's actually so nice and we have a total Disney theme going on this year so it was fitting. The print has tiny little pumpkin carriages all over. I love it!
Since Joe had to work a half day on Christmas day, Landon and I actually woke up and acted like it was a normal week day. I put him down for a nap after lunch and during that time Joe got off work and we set up all the presents under the tree and Santa came ;-) So when he got up from his nap it was kind of like Christmas morning. He doesn't know the difference anyway!!
Unfortunately, Landon had no interest in gifts. We kind of forced him to unwrap a few and then unwrapped the rest for him. I put about 1/2 of them away to "introduce" again on a rainy/snowy/boring day. Hah!!
The biggest hit was definitely this Melissa & Doug cookie sheet. It is so cute and yes, I realize probably a little girly but he doesn't know the difference and he loves "cooking" and watching us cook! :) It has little wood cookies that velcro on the cookie sheet and a spatula you can use to scrape them off. He plays with it every single day!
On Friday we headed up to Kansas City to spend time with our extended families! We were so glad to finally be able to go home. We visited with Joe's family first. We had a really good time playing games with his brothers. Joe's parents got Landon a drum set he loved!!
On Saturday night we went to stay the night with my family and do Christmas with them. The celebration just kept going on! I love visiting because my sister's two kids play so cute with Landon :) My parents got Landon a Medieval Knight dress up set and he walked around all day with the shield and sword. It was so adorable!

We had such a good Christmas this year! I hope you did too!!

2 comments:

Faulkner's Ranch said...

I think part of the residency Christmas tradition is that you have to give up the tradition part, lol. At least partially. It sounds like you did it right though!

PS - Love the cookie sheet! Such a cool idea!

Unknown said...

LOVE that pic of Landon and Boom in front of the tree, the lights all sparkly!!!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs