Sunday, January 13, 2013

Randoms

This is just a random little brain dump of things I have swirling around in my brain. :)

1. Last night we had a "holiday" party for one of the anesthesia groups Joe works with. It was really fun to get dressed up and get a babysitter! But several people asked me if I was rooting for 'Bama. Oops. Wardrobe fail!! Take a close look at Joe ~ he is wearing a bow tie! I have begged him unmercifully for years to wear a bow tie because I think they are so old fashioned looking and I ended up just buying him one for Christmas! Hah! I think he looks so cute in it! We're bringing bow ties back, y'all!! 

2. I have been in the mood to tackle some furniture projects lately. I had been looking for months for a little wood table to re-do to keep in the kitchen for Landon to eat at and work on crafts, etc. It had been such a challenge to find something close to what I want {solid wood with clean lines and at least two chairs and cheap}!! I ended up buying this one used for $30 and I'm not totally in love with the shape but I have some ideas on how to make it more my style. Stay tuned...!
Then I bought this china hutch at Goodwill I'm going to re-purpose for a tv cabinet for our family room downstairs. I have a serious love affair with old furniture. We have three other old pieces of furniture in our garage right now too. Please don't call Hoarders on me.
3. I pinned this recipe on Pinterest right before Christmas and I have made it three times now and it's just a problem that I know it exists - I just can't go back to life before I knew about it. Red Velvet Cheese Ball. Isn't that just dangerous? It's rolled in mini chocolate chips. Don't even click on the link unless you want this to be a part of your life permanently. Hah!
Look. I couldn't even get a picture taken before I took a bite.
4. I snapped this random picture after bath one night and I just love it. My boys. I love my boys.
5. The Dollar Tree has little nests with eggs in the craft section. I love tucking nests into random bowls and other nooks and crannies around the house.

Have a great week!!!

2 comments:

Trish said...

1) I might have shown a tad bit too much excitement over the bowtie on Saturday. Clearly, I loved it!

2) My brother is going to be sooooo excited when I make him that red velvet dip. What do you use to dip? Thanks for sharing the recipe!

davita said...

I love bow ties. I don't think I can convince Erik to wear one.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs