Monday, December 6, 2010

9 weeks

Friday I "turned" 9 weeks pregnant! That seems like such a short period of time because (as weird as it sounds) I can barely remember a time when I wasn't pregnant! Ha! Does anyone else feel like these first few months are an eternity?!!


How I'm feeling:
Still feeling pretty sick but I'm on some anti-nausea pills that really help! I've had a couple of good days here and there and it helps knowing there's light at the end of the tunnel (or should I say end of the first trimester)!

About the baby:
The baby is the size of a prune now!!

Doctor Appointments:
Our next appointment is December 20th - we will definitely get a sonogram then and I think that's about the best Christmas gift ever!!

Food:
Current favorite foods: ceasar salads, potatoes, soups
Current food aversions: avacados and eggs have made me want to gag since about week 5

My body:
Still SO bloated. I think it'll be funny to look back in a few months and laugh about how big I thought I was!

The nursery:
We're pretty sure we will not be finding out the gender of the baby so I've been thinking about neutral nurseries.

Baby gear:
My friend Jill gave me a calendar, photo album and picture frame for the sonogram picture for my birthday and then my friend Rachael sent me a pregnancy organizer book to keep track of milestones.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't remember if I've commented on your pregnancy yet (mommy brain will do that to ya!) but CONGRATULATIONS!!!! (twice, if I've already said so lol) I'm VERY excited for you!!! and yes, the first few months seem like they take forever because the changes aren't as obvious. And yes, you'll also look back and laugh that you thought you were 'big' then. I was always saying to my husband, "look how big my belly is!" =P I'm so glad you're taking weekly pics and documenting on your blog. I had so much fun doing that, and my family and friends loved the updates, too. Stay well, girl! ((sorry you're so nauseous))

Brittany Ann said...

I, too, am holding onto the second trimester hope. Though mine is days away, and I still feel like crap.

Oh, well, people swear it gets easier, right?

You look beautiful, love!

Allie said...

The first couple months are so exciting! I remember when I was pregnant, I was counting down the days to see my first ultrasound! It was the best thing ever. Cherish every moment. I love being pregnant, I think it's such a special time in a woman's life :)

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs