Miss Emory Leigh, you are already a month old! You have been such a JOY to have in our family! We can't believe how fast time is flying. Here is a little bit about you...
You are following a rough 3 hour 'eat, wake, sleep' pattern although I haven't worried too much about a rigid schedule just yet. You're exclusively breastfeeding although I've had to supplement you with formula three times while I've had a few supply issues. You take a bath every night in the bathroom sink while your big brother bathes in the tub. You go to bed around 9pm and wake up at around 1:15am almost every night. Then you have another feeding at 4am and it's always a little touch-and-go to get you back down after that. Most mornings we start our "day" around 4am and then you take a "nap" around 6 or 7am. It's working for us right now and mama's not too tired so far!
- For the most part you are a calm and content baby! This is SO nice after Landon who was colicky!
- Right now your eyes are a pretty blue/green color - I can't wait to see what they settle on in the coming months.
- You are sleeping in your Fisher Price Rock 'n Play in our room. We aren't ready to put you in your crib yet.
- You nap in our arms or in your swing.
- You are somewhat sensitive to your brother's noise as he plays around you, and he sometimes wakes you from your naps. We are working on that. :)
- So far you do OK in the carseat - you've fallen asleep in it on a few drives.
- You usually like being "worn" by mama in her Moby wrap if she needs to have both hands free.
- You HATE being cold - we learned right away that you need more layers and extra bundling to be comfortable.
- You are using your green soothie pacifier from the hospital - you need it to fall asleep for most of your naps.
- We've learned you prefer to sleep with your head tilted back - a very unique personality trait of yours!
- You are wearing newborn sized diapers and still practically swimming in your newborn sized clothes.
- You are so curious about your big brother. He will often sit next to you and talk to you and you stare at him with such interest.