Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Emory's Nursery

I wanted to share Emory's nursery - it is still a work in progress but I took these about a week before she was born and I know they're good to have for posterity. We are in a rental house this year while Joe is in fellowship and the nursery is small - it is a huge design challenge - ha ha!! We did manage to fit a crib (Graco brand from Wal-Mart), a glider and a dresser in. But there's not much room to turn around! ;-)
I pinned this fabric (called Love Bird Damask) on Pinterest before I was even pregnant. I just loved it. Joe's aunt so so kindly offered to make all the bedding for us. I ordered several yards of it and some coordinating fabric and she created this. I love it! She added so many sweet touches and trims. She also made several coordinating pillows that aren't pictured because she sent them around Christmas. I made the curtains myself with some linen type fabric from Hancock Fabrics that has little pink pom poms on it. 
We ordered the glider in a beautiful peacock color from Nebraska Furniture Mart (they deliver to Missouri, Kansas and Nebraska if you're local!?). Joe's parents picked it up and brought it to us in Arkansas. I really wanted the same model that I have in Landon's room... I knew I liked how I fit in it for nursing and also I figured I might eventually have both of them in a living room type situation and I can have them re-covered to match for a nice pair down the road since they're the same in style. The brand is Best Chairs and it's the Peyton style.
I have a small little nightstand beside the glider. I put a vintage style tree up for Christmas, sitting on an antique platter. I can't wait to create a little display here with some vintage books and "pretties" Emory has gotten as gifts.
I only have a few things on the wall since we're here so temporarily. I moved these vintage castle prints from our master bedroom to the wall above the glider.
I found an old solid wood dresser at a garage sale years ago. I bought it as a "future project" and then when we moved I almost got rid of it (at Joe's insistance! Ha!) but I'm glad I didn't! I ended up painting it with Annie Sloan chalk paint in Coco and distressing it. I love it and it works great as a changer with a little contoured pad on top!!


1 comments:

Renda said...

So pretty!!!! I love that chair. I think I need one...even though we dont have a nursery!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs