Monday, November 1, 2010

50th Wedding Anniversary

This weekend we celebrated my grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary. They met at a Halloween party (my grandma said they had they played the old fashioned games like Bobbing-For-Apples! Ha!) and then got married a few years later on the day before Halloween. It must be nice to have your wedding anniversary around the candy-a-thon otherwise known as Halloween!!


My grandparents' first date was to a college basketball game. Which is so hard for me to imagine because I've never seen my grandparents watch any kind of sports besides Kansas City Chiefs football games on the t.v.

And my grandpa gave my grandma her engagement ring in a field, I think he was doing chores at the time. My grandma wouldn't accept it and told him he needed to wait to give it to her at dinner while they were visiting his parents. Haha!



After we had cupcakes and the cards were opened, the grandkids and great-grandkids played outside (had to burn off that sugar somehow!)

 There were lots of butterflies around the flower garden and the little girls thought it was fun to try to catch them.

And then we went to check out the horses.

And eating good being such a big priority in our family, we fed them a bit too.

Hope you had a great weekend!!

2 comments:

ty said...

It seems so crazy now that people stay together that long ...

Learning Life with Mrs. Worthington! said...

What an inspiration! Yay for them! Great pics too!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs