Sunday, July 5, 2009

Anniversary

Whew! What a weekend!

First of all, I must say that Friday was our 3 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY! It sounds so sappy but I truly love this man more now than I did three years ago. We have grown so much and done and seen so many things together, I can't imagine life without Joe.

Joe looked up the traditional gifts and we found out that the 3-year gift is supposed to be leather. I got him a new belt and some other things and he brought home flowers and ordered me a new wallet (Louis Vuitton no less! Yahoo!). On Friday I went to the Ronald McDonald house to spend a few hours volunteering because I didn't have to work. Joe finally got home from work at about 6pm and we got dressed up and got in the car to find somewhere to eat that was fancy. We drove around and drove around. Nothing sounded good. So we ended up at Pei Wei. Not so fancy but tasty anyway! We came home, hung out and went to bed early.

Then, on the 4th Joe had to get up early to do rounds on his patients but we did hang out all afternoon. We actually worked on more unpacking in our master bedroom. Then, we grabbed dinner out and came back home hoping to see fireworks. Well.. we were lucky because we sat on our front porch and could see TEN firework shows. I guess they're big into the 4th here in Wichita! Haha! It is my FAVORITE holiday so I loved just sitting out there and hearing the crickets and seeing the lightning bugs and watching the huge fireworks show.

3 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

Happy Anniversary! And I had no idea three years was leather. I need to remember that!

Anonymous said...

leather... that's interesting. lol.

ten fire work shows... wow!! thats expensive. i heard some city's canceled theirs due to budget cuts.

Happy Anniversary!

Under this Umbrella said...

OK...this is sooooooooooooo weird. I just read your post.

I don't know if you know, but my name is Brittany too. My husband is also Joe and the CRAZIEST of all...we were married on the same day as you were. We just had our 5 year anniversary, so two years before you.

We are both Joe and Brittany and July 3 wedding anniversaries.

WOW!

Hope you're having a good week.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs