I think I told you a while ago that we decided to bite the bullet and re-do (or just DO because it was never done to begin with! Ha!) our office. It was the primary room in our house that I was embarrassed to show when we had company over; the room I dreaded the most when you give guests the obligatory "house tour".
We painted it and then rearranged the furniture. I really like how it turned out and I actually USE our office now (big bonus!).
1. This was a CHEAP project. Here was the breakdown:
Vintage game table... $70
Other wall art... $3
New computer monitor and office chair... $175
Sheet for futon... $20
Fabric for curtains... $80
Chalkboard paint... $12
Vintage suitcases... $40
We used all the existing furniture we had (including a futon Joe had in college!) and just added the vintage game table and chairs. All the decor on the shelves and desk I already had.
2. I believe in organizing a bookshelf by COLOR not Author ;-)
3. I made the curtains myself. It's the easiest sewing project ever. Four straight lines and you're done!
4. The chalkboard was an old mirror. I used the chalkboard paint you can buy at Home Depot to re-do it.
3. I'm going to show you how I made the Bingo prints tomorrow!! For $3!!!
Have a great day!! :)