Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mini Closet Makeover

I don't know if I've ever shown my closet on this blog before. That's partly because I feel like it's always unorganized and it's also pretty small. Considering that the shoe portion alone of our old house practically needed it's own zip code.


I could have lived in that closet. Unfortunately, that closet filled me with false notions and then we had to move two years later.

When we bought our current house I had to do some major downsizing. I don't usually throw any clothes or shoes away. I keep everything, and I wear things I've had for years and years. And I've tried, tried very hard, to keep things organized in my current closet. Or, like here lately, I just shove things into every nook and cranny and squeeze the door shut and pretend it didn't happen. Whichever.

Here's how my shirts, long sleeve t-shirts and tank tops and camisoles have been (thrown to the top of the shelves).

And I finally got fed up enough to do something about it! Ha!

I picked some big Better Homes & Gardens baskets at Walmart for $10 and that's the only money I spent on this entire project. Then, I went through the stacks and sorted them.

I decided I didn't like that you still couldn't tell what was in each basket so I raided my craft closet and found these Martha Stewart tags. I put them through my printer to label them and attached them to the baskets with some ribbon I already had.

I twisted the ribbon on the ends, so it would look like a little button.

Ah, sweet organization! :)

4 comments:

ty said...

#1 - jealous of that shoe rack. like ... wow.

#2 - jealous of your organization. bad.

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

ADORABLE! Great idea!!

Anonymous said...

I am an organization freak and I am LOVING what you have done with your closet. kudos!

Lauren said...

Wow. I love it all. I have a very similar problem with closet organization in my house, and again, want to do it better when we move. I have inspiration now from you!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs