Thursday, October 14, 2010

Office Tour

I thought it would be fun to show a tour of our office today! This is the room we'd like to eventually use as a nursery (rather than sacrificing a guest room), so we tried to make it look nice on a budget since it'll probably be changed sometime soon! Since starting graduate school, I spend a lot of time in here. Most of the time it's in my pajamas. Ha!

That's an older picture, and I've been adding to my suitcase stack!!

We painted the walls last winter with Behr Sandwashed Driftwood. I love it. It's the first time I've painted a room green in my life!

I love having bookshelves and there is such a hodge-podge of books on ours; old college textbooks to fiction books on my "to-read" list! I have a strong belief in sorting books by color, rather than by author. :)

All the stuff on the walls are things I did on the cheap! The chalkboard was from a garage sale and originally a cork board that I just painted over with chalk paint. I found some vintage Bingo prints to frame next to the window.



The lamp is one of my favorite things about our office. My mom gave it to me last year for my birthday. It just seems so "office-y" to me!! :)

Happy Friday!!!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I love your office! Those green walls turned out really nice.

Kit said...

I really like your office. The stack of suitcases is such a cool idea!

~SHO~ said...

LOVE that chalk board. Great idea!

When did you graduate OU? So nice to meet a fellow Sooner :)

Blessings~
S
QueenofSassySavings.blogspot.com
(coachoshields@hotmail.com)

Heather said...

I love that framed chalkboard, so stinking cute!! It looks so warm and cozy in there and I love your stack of suitcases!

Trac~ said...

I love your office and the color of the green walls is GORGEOUS! I have written down the color so that I could look it up when I go back to Lowe's or Home Depot (can't recall who carries Behr exactly). And love the suitcases. I found 3 at a "free" sale and have been trying to figure out how to refurbish them so that I could use them as decoration too. :o)

Miranda said...

I love this office :-) It's so cozy and inviting.. Your decor is adorable!!!

Miranda
http://hanginloosewiththetuccis.blogspot.com

emily said...

i don't have enough books to sort by color, but by color is the only way i'll sort my clothes in my closet! :)

Lauren said...

I love love love y'all's office. So... studious looking. When my husband and I move for residency in the spring, I may just have to take your paint color and stacked suitcase idea. : )

Love it!

DJ said...

I've been a follower for awhile but I just now noticed your blog hasn't been showing up on my reader! Situation remedied :). I love your office - I organize my books by color too, and now have an incredibly useless talent of knowing the color of random books. And I LOVE the stack of suitcases!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs