Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Weekend

Last weekend Joe and I had to take a little road trip because he had a test to take in Kansas City for his job. It was a very short trip because he had also to work on Sunday but I took advantage of being close to "home" to spend the day with my mom.


Speaking of road trip, how well do your pets travel in the car? Boomer goes practically everywhere with us and I told Joe that we are so lucky he travels well in the car. He loves it and usually falls asleep as soon as we hit the road!

While Joe was taking his test on Saturday my mom and I spent a few hours together having lunch and shopping. I'm probably the last person on the planet to have discovered it, but have you seen this store called World Market??? It has such cute home/cooking/decorating stuff! I could have spent A LOT of money there!!!

We also went to Cheesecake Factory for lunch. It's one of my top five favorite restaurants and we don't have one any where near the town we live in. (The local newspaper here once did a survey of the residents of our town about what restaurants and stores people would like to see come in and CF was one of the most popular. Well, the newspaper contacted their corporate office about opening a restaurant here and they said "no"!! Haha! Oh well!) Joe and I consider it a very serious mission to try as many of the cheesecakes and desserts we possibly can and since I have been in a lemon-loving mood lately I tried the Lemoncello Cream Torte and DIED right there at the table. Just ask my mom. I think she was a little embarrassed! It's one of my new favorite things in life.

Did you have a good weekend???

3 comments:

capperson said...

That cake looks amazing! One of my dogs loves to go for rides to the gas station or around the block, but the other one had the glory of riding with my sister from NC all the way to GA one time and will not step foot back in a car. I would love to take the car loving dog with my everywhere but she sheds really bad. I always feel bad telling her she can't go, but black seats and white fur that sheds horribly do not go together!

Mrs. Carioca said...

I love world market!

My dad's dog is so crazy in the car! She gets too excited over the cars driving past so someone has to hold her and cover her eyes so she can't see the cars, ha!

Brittany Ann said...

I love World Market. I didn't find it till we moved here. Glad you enjoyed it!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs