Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring Cleaning

I don't know if it's being pregnant or the fact that Spring is finally here but I would love nothing more than to spend a day on my hands and knees scrubbing baseboards and dusting all the nooks and crannies in my china hutch. My house stays pretty clean most of the time because (I probably need mental help) I can't relax if I know there's a big mess in the kitchen or somewhere else. (Except laundry. I have a really hard time keeping up with laundry!)


Lately I've been in the market for a new vacuum - do any of y'all have any good recommendations??? As much as I would *love* to have one of these...

It's just not in the budget right now. Actually, we are still using the vacuum Joe's mom got him when he moved to his first apartment to start medical school. That thing has seen better days! Sometimes I wonder if it's really picking up dirt and pet hair or just making pretty lines in the carpet! Ha!

Vacuuming is my least favorite household chore. I honestly think I'd rather clean a toilet. I'm hoping maybe you have a good suggestion for a new vacuum that will pick up dog hair and sweep carpet and hardwoods! Or if you do have a Dyson you love go on and tell me that too and maybe I can convince the hubby! Ha!

Happy Wednesday!

6 comments:

Bea said...

I love my Dyson, but it wasn't in our budget either.. UNTIL I saw refurbished ones on overstock. It was a little over half price and it looks brand new and works like a charm.

KSK said...

I used to have a Dyson and I LOVED it... My husband was suckered into a Kirby (when we were childless and carefree -- I don't think we would spend that much on a vacuum now!) I bought my Dyson at Kohl's with the 30% off plus I had 'Kohls cash' to spend and I think it was on sale on top of that... If you can find a good deal, try to get a Dyson!

Annie said...

I have a Dyson and it's the best thing in life! I don't care if it's in your budget or not--find a way! Find a way!!!

Unknown said...

I need a new vacuum too!
Mine is my grandma's... she passed away 7 years ago and used it for HOW many years?! Yah, I think I need a new one too!
Let me know when you find an affordable one that works well!!!

Sassy Gal said...

I have a Shark Navigator...I LOVE it. But I've never used a Dyson....so I don't know...I also wanted to tell you that I'm linking to you in my post tomorrow! I got a Snoogle and I wanted to give you credit for talking about them!! Thanks! I LOVE it!

Rachael said...

you will not regret the Dyson! SOOOO worth the money. Go for the splurge. And you can find deals if you look online if you have some time to wait. I have seen $100 rebates, 30% off, and things like that. Seriously, go for it! It makes vacuuming so much easier than I ever imagined.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs