Tuesday, November 22, 2011

DIY Bow Christmas Tree Garland

If you know me at all, you know I'm a sucker for a bow. My all time favorite necklace that I wear every single day is this one.

source: unknown
And I even wore a bow in my hair on our wedding day.
So when I was brainstorming ideas for our Christmas tree this year, I knew I wanted to go bows-to-the-wall, if you will. A bow-splosion. A bow-tiful tree.
I picked up some of these velour bows and some mesh ribbon at Wal-Mart and I knew I had some things to work with.
At first I tried stringing the bows together with the wires on the backs. It was cute except it took forever and did I mention I have a 4.5 month old baby? So then I decided it might be cute to just gather sections of the gold garland and put a bow every foot or so along. It took me about five minutes to finish enough garland for our whole tree (9 feet) and I think it turned out cute.
A custom Christmas tree garland with bows to boot? Sounds like the the start of a great holiday season!

Have you put your Christmas stuff out, or do you wait until "after Turkey"? :)

0 comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs