Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful

I woke up this morning here


This is the Call Room at the hospital. Joe was on call last night and I couldn't imagine waking up in our house alone on Thanksgiving morning.

So I stayed the night with him.

In a tiny cot.

Waking up with him each time he got paged in the night for a new admission to the hospital.

It's not exactly the ideal way to spend Thanksgiving morning.

But regardless...

I'm so thankful for the life we have.

Our marriage.

Our health.

Our family and friends.

The opportunities we've been given.

Even for the trials we've had. Because they make us stronger.

Have a great Thanksgiving!!!

1 comments:

Melissa G said...

Aw, i'm sure it meant a lot to him to have you there!
Happy thanksgiving to you my friend!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs