Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day 2003...

The first Valentine's Day Joe and I ever celebrated was in 2003. We were both 19 and freshmen in college and somuch in love (I miss that puppy love stage sometimes but the worn-in love is really, really good too). I think we celebrated that night by eating in the cafeteria (ha!) or, if it was a really special event we would always go to Red Lobster in college. Neither one of us had any money but Joe gave me a ring that night that is so special to me. He got it at Walmart and both of us thought that was big time!


I remember I called my mom and said "He got me a ring!!" and she said "A WHAT??" Haha! I wore my ring every day until we got engaged and eventually it was retired to my jewelry box. I thought today would be a good day to get it back out. Every time I look at my little opal ring I can't help but smile :)

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

So pretty!!
I love this post :)

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs