Monday, April 4, 2011

Nursery Progress & More

I wanted to share the progress of our nursery because I have several friends who are begging me for pictures. We just got the furniture delivered last Thursday so it's just bare bones right now but I'm loving it and at least a couple times a day I go in and sit in the glider and imagine what it's going to be like to be rocking an actual baby.



Now is the fun part: decorating!! I really feel like that's when you can make the space unique. We still have so much to do like make the curtains, find lamps, etc. Speaking of nursery decorating, my friend Jacki just posted a cute tutorial on her blog about making a mobile for her nursery with birdcages and a branch from her yard. TOO CUTE.

I have to show a picture of the ceiling fan because Joe spent seven hours installing it. It's totally not his fault, because he had to re-wire the entire room I think. I'm not 100% sure because I was taking a nap on the couch at the time. Just kidding and I WISH. We were both on the ladder! Ha!

Last weekend my mom came to stay with me because Joe was in Chicago for a conference for work. We ate and shopped and then ate some more and shopped some more. I had to show you the cute bag I found at a consignment store. If you squint it can almost look like a Chanel bag. I love it!

Also, I had a major craving for a milkshake. Gold star to anyone who can guess what I put in it..?!?

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

KSK said...

are those mini cadburry eggs in your milkshake?? I like your nursery furniture! I remember before LB was born, I would just sit in my rocker and think about how it would be... and it's great! There are sometimes (usually after the 3rd time she wakes me up at night) when I want to pull my hair out, but then I just look at her and I wouldn't trade it in for a second!

Mrs. Carioca said...

I think our husbands were at the same conference, was it on April 2?

I can't wait to see the finished nursery!

Unknown said...

beautiful furniture! can't wait to see more :)

Mrs. Carioca said...

He said the conference was good, he got 3rd place for his presentation. :)

Unknown said...

The nursery is coming together so nicely! And oh my word... seven hours on the fan!??! Go you two :)
I can't wait to see how it all comes together.
Pass me over some of those cadbury eggs please... mmmmm... I love easter!

Brittany Ann said...

I'd know those anywhere! Mini Cadbury eggs! One of my fav things about the Easter season!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs