Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What's In My Diaper Bag???

I've spent a lot of time researching what to pack in our hospital bag and diaper bag for when we have this baby. I've asked a lot of my mom friends for advice and looked at checklists in books and online. I'm a chronic "over-packer" but I promised Joe I would try not to go nuts. But the thought of not having everything I need in several options makes me feel a little sweaty and faint. In fact, the following is a real life picture of our luggage for our honeymoon. Which wasn't quite two weeks long.

Yes, that's seven pieces of luggage. And the bell hop in the background? He's totally laughing at how ridiculous that is.

So here's the diaper bag portion of what I have packed. I'll try to do my hospital bag too. Which all fit into one suitcase so there's a major victory!
(top to bottom)
Munchkin Arm & Hammer Pacifier Wipes
Burp Cloth (handmade from etsy)
Aden & Anais Swaddle Blanket
Receiving Blanket
Sophie the Giraffe toy/teether
Newborn diapers
Wipes case with wipes
(left to right)
So there you have it! Now... what am I missing???

The diaper bag itself is from Cake by Petunia Picklebottom, it's called the Society Satchel. You can find it here. I LOVE it and I'm totally going to use it as a purse later on.

6 comments:

Jessica Bene said...

Looks good, but you will want at least one extra outfit in there in case of accidents :) I usually keep a onesie and outfit in mine at all times in case baby's diaper leaks or a big spit up occurs!

Mandy, The Mother of All Chaos said...

Ditto the extra onesie and outfit! I also kept a handful of nursing pads for the unexpected leakage ;0) and I don't mean from the baby ha!

MJ @ MD School Mrs said...

Oh wow - I have no suggestions, since I don't have any babies yet - but I *adore* that diaper bag! You're going to be the most stylish new mama ever!

Jenn said...

I agree with the extra outfit. You probably won't need Sophie. I carried one around for 2 weeks when my DS was first born then thought, he wont have any interest for a while!

I had a diapie wipee case. Loved it. Held diapers and the wipe case.

And for my bag ... a travel pack of Ponds facial wipes!

MorrowFamily said...

You won't actually need wipes or diapers at the hospital since they'll supply you with everything you need. If you're planning to breastfeed take your nursing pillow b/c the hospital I delivered all of my kids at never supplied a pillow and having a nursing pillow will make you so much more comfortable. Good luck!

Victoria said...

Breast pads, and regular ones for you. I kept them in the diaper bag. My wee one is just 5 weeks old so its pretty fresh in my mind.. get a passi with a clip or a case.. and of course extra clothes. I use the re-useable changing pad.. one less thing to buy. Ohh and lots of wipes.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs