Monday, June 6, 2011

Dr. Suess Baby Shower

Over Memorial Day weekend I had my baby shower in Kansas City so Joe and I made it long weekend and celebrated with lots of friends and family. The theme of the shower was Dr. Suess (love!) and it was hosted by my mom and sister. They did an awesome job and I was completely overwhelmed most of the day :)

I wore a one shoulder cotton maxi dress my mom got me from Macy's (non-maternity!). I was hoping the black would make me look slimmer but that would have been a miracle straight from Jesus. haha!
 The Cat in the Hat cake was made by Three Women and an Oven in Kansas City. The top layer was peanut butter with chocolate filling and the middle layer was white cake with strawberry filling. Looks too good to eat doesn't it??
The diaper cake my mother in law had made for me was so cute! The layers are wrapped in hand made burp cloths from Etsy. Such a cute idea!
Delicious food spread and personalized water bottles :)
Can you tell this little baby is going to be spoiled???
Joe's godmother got us this huge stuffed teddy bear and I thought it was the cutest thing. He sits next to the crib in the nursery now!!
So many of the gifts I got were so special: OU things, handmade things or things with special meaning.
The guests played Price is Right and Bingo while I opened my gifts.

What an awesome day!

6 comments:

ty said...

I LOVE the OU piggy bank!

michelle ellis said...

Cutest shower ever!!!! You look great in that black dress!

MJ @ MD School Mrs said...

What an adorable shower! The cake, the food, the theme, the decor, the games the soon-to-be-Mama....so stinking cute!

Brittany Ann said...

I love it! And you look gorgeous!

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing your best memories...love your blog.
platform beds

Gemstelecom said...

Experience the internet at full and fastest speed! Download whatever you want in record time in Montreal.internet montreal

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs