Tuesday, October 13, 2009

3 Day Weekend

I am just getting settled back into work in Colorado after a THREE day weekend. And I got to go home to help the hubby celebrate his birthday!

On Saturday morning Joe had to do rounds at the hospital so I cleaned the house (ohmygoodness - men CAN'T keep a house clean while us women are away - right ladies?!?) and got stuff together for his birthday dinner. His parents came down that afternoon and we watched football and visited and I fixed dinner. It was SO GOOD after eating out and junk all week while I was on the road. I'll have to share the recipe here - it's one of our favorites and includes chicken loaded with carmelized onions, bacon and cheese. If this is bad I don't wanna be good!! Haha!

I also produced a poor job of a birthday cake out of the box. But it was good and I don't think my stomach knew the difference after that chicken!

On Sunday Joe was on call at the hospital so I went and hung out with him while he had some down time and then that night we saw Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.

Yes, we were the only adults there without kids! This was one of my favorite books as a kid. The movie didn't follow the book at all but it was still really cute.

On Monday we finally went to pick up the grill Joe wanted for his birthday and I flew back out to Colorado Springs for work. I'm so glad it's my last week here. I think I'll have a full month off before I get to go to Italy - leaving on my birthday!!

0 comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs