Tuesday, October 27, 2009

50s

Is there an era of history that you just WISHED you would have lived in? My friend and I were recently having this conversation... which were the best decades in American history? At the time we were debating whether the 80s or 90s were better. Of course, I said the 80s!!

To me, there is an even better decade.

I wish.. WISH.. I could have lived in the 50s.

I want to be a real life "I Love Lucy", which is my favorite tv show ever. I own every single episode on DVD.

I talk to my grandma all the time about living in the 50s. She got married in the 50s and at the time was working at the local telephone company. I love to look at her pictures because she totally rocked the 50s cat-eye glasses, red lipstick and peep toe shoes!

Myself in the 50s

What decade do you wish you could have lived through???

1 comments:

Sarah said...

I'd love to live in the roaring 20's any day. I ADORE the cute little caps they would wear and the flapper look. I also really like the styles that came out post WWII in the 40's.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs