Thursday, September 3, 2009

Birthdays and Cupcakes (but not together)

As a resident, Joe spends each month on a different rotation during his first year. This month he is on Surgery, which is supposed to be one of the most EVIL months ever. So far though, not that bad! In fact, today he even got to come to come home for 2.5 hours for a long lunch! Do you know how excited I get over 2.5 hours?!

We ordered pizza and ate until we were stuffed. Then. He. Fell. Asleep. Poor guy. I didn't have the heart to wake him up so I let him get a little nap in before he had to go back.
Then look what he did when he came home - he picked me a sunflower from the yard. Doesn't that crack you up?
Today is my BFF's daughter's birthday. She is ONE and I can't believe it! On September 2nd of last year I got a call at work from her mom that she had gone to the hospital. I immediately called Southwest Airlines, and got on the next flight from Oklahoma City to Kansas City. Then, I landed in Kansas City (by this time I was freaking out that I would miss the whole thing), got a car and drove 1.5 hours to the hospital. Isabelle was born just after midnight. It was SO worth being there because I got to hear her first cry and be one of the first people in the world to hold her. There is NOTHING like being there with your childhood best friend when she has a baby!

Me holding Isabelle, one month old

Isabelle, 4 months old

Her momma sent me this picture this morning, 1 year old!

Because I'm obsessed with all things monogrammed I just HAD to make a couple t-shirts for the birthday girl. I hope she'll never forget her name ;-)

Iron-on transfers from Hobby Lobby (where else!)
Her nickname

Are you still with me? Today was DAY 2 of "Operation Cupcake". Today I tried homemade chocolate cake with peanut-butter-cream-cheese frosting. Oh, and a little surprise inside. I think I gained 15 pounds just typing that.

What we have here is peanut butter filling. *You're drooling...*

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Hmm, I'm thinking you need to send me some of those cupcakes! Or at least post some of these recipes!

Brittany Ann said...

Um, those cupcakes are delightful looking!

Kelee said...

Hi Brittany -you look so pretty with Isabelle!

lucky mom-YOU!

love, kelee

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

You are such a good friend to make it to her birth! I missed my best friends baby's birth :(

Jane said...

I am seriously drooling. Ok not really, but I have a serious craving for a cupcake....

SeekerofGrace said...

Do share the recipe! WOW! And that is awesome you made it to her birth. My bff and I were pregnant at the same time (my first, her third) and lived a ways apart, so she didn't make it to mine! I made it to her first two, though... We supported each other by phone, though!

Childfree Biology said...

Those cupcakes look amazing. I just wandered over here by clicking "Next" from my blog. Is the frosting peanut butter as well?

Anonymous said...

i can say they are delicious! we have a winner with the peanut butter. but really, it's me, did you expect anything less? lol

i also let bob sneak a taste at the left over one, and he liked it too!

We can't wait to eat more...assuming you decided to make those.

love ya brit, seriously, thanks SOOOO much for this engagement party!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs