Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Vet

Yesterday, Boomer and I had an appointment with our new vet so we could get a refill for his prescription to Xanax. Don't think I haven't considered taking one for myself over the years, but really they're for his storm anxiety. For a long time I wasn't into drugging my dog even though he literally freaked out every time it rained. But I finally drew the line when I woke up at 3am one morning during a storm with him sitting on my head. Good morning, sunshine. So we've been pill-popping ever since and we've finally drained our supply.

I even brought the old prescription bottle in my hopes to make the visit as routine as possible.

I can hear you laughing.

We did all the normal checks: weight, teeth, thermometer in the bum and they left us alone in the exam room for a "few minutes". Enough time to play with Boomer, text Joe and grow my bangs out. I really thought they had forgotten about us when I stood up and noticed the poster on the wall. If anyone from Indian Hills Vet is reading this, I want you to know I'm on to you. An entire poster about ringworm, hookworm and tapeworm with real. live. pictures, y'all.

If you ever need a reason to lose your appetite, please Google "ringworm in the human eye" and you'll never eat again. And that's a promise.

As if on cue, the vet came back in. I asked her to check if Boomer was up-to-date on all of his shots, given the propaganda on the wall. Fine marketing scheme.

We were up to date, but I like to take extra measures when it means preventing your organs from WORMS. BIG LONG WORMS.

Ya'll I signed us up for every vaccine and treatment in a five mile radius. Three more shots, a full blood workup and we even have to collect a stool sample at home this week for testing.

Best $250 I ever spent.

Oh yeah, and we got the Xanax.

I had forgotten all about the vet (that's called repressing a memory) and later that night Joe and I went to Pei Wei for dinner. I started telling him about my day and then remembered the vet. And THE WORMS. BIG LONG WORMS. Joe started acting shifty and he looked down at my plate. And then I remembered I had ordered this for dinner.


And I wish I were kidding.

8 comments:

Moya said...

OMG!

Shawna said...

Worst meal you have ever ordered. YUCK!

Annie said...

Disgusting! I remember fostering 5 puppies with worms. I kept them in my laundry room and it looked like I'd taken a pot full of spaghetti worms and dumped them in the floor. Sick.

Annie said...

Oops, I meant spaghetti noodles, not worms! Ha!

Brittany Ann said...

Oh no! This is officially the only time anyone has left me NOT wanting Pei Wei!

Unknown said...

LOL That is funny. I'm sure you were quite grossed out. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

eeewwwwww!!!!!! HAHAHA

Jane said...

Grosss! But that meal looks tasty -- as I assume it is worm free?

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs