Tuesday, April 13, 2010

How to Get Flawless Skin

I've been wanting to do a post on this for a while and someone asked me a while back what my tips were for keeping skin clear. These are some things that work for me!

1. Wash your pillowcase often. I try to change my pillowcases a couple times a week and after I started doing this I noticed a HUGE change in my skin. It makes sense when you think about all the oils in your hands and hair that get into your pillowcase!
2. Make a routine and stick to it. My face always does best when I make a routine of washing, exfoliating, moisturizing, etc. and stay consistent.
3. Wash your makeup brushes regularly. Same thing as the pillowcase. If you don't wash your brushes you end up re-infesting your skin with the same old oils and bacteria. I wash mine with baby shampoo! Ha!
4. Get some sun. I don't know why, but my skin is always more clear after being outside in the sun.
5. Always wash your face before bed. Trust me, I know when you're so tired and the last thing you want to do is wash your face. It's so worth it though to have clear skin!
6. Try not to touch your face. This is hard for me - I always sit at my desk with my head rested on my hand.
7. Drink lots of water. It truly does make your skin clear and helps it maintain moisture.

Happy CLEAR skin day!! :)

6 comments:

Alissa said...

You always have great tips! Thanks for sharing :)

Kathy said...

great tips! my skin gets yuckier and yuckier the older I get so I am going to try to implement some of these ideas and see what happens. do you receommend any certain type of skin care products?
thanks! Kathy K.

michelle ellis said...

What wonderful tips! Thank you!

Melissa G said...

yay, thanks for the tips! I'm going to change my pillow cases right now! =)

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Great tips! I really need to start washing my make-up brushes...disgusting when you think about it.

Kristi said...

Love reading all your tips and your blog in general! I left you a suprise on my blog. Check it out. mskristirae.blogspot.com

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs