Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Youth Job

Today I'm joining Kelsey at The Seattle Smiths to participate in Wishful Wednesday!
Align CenterI wish... I could go back and spend one day working at a job from my youth, and it would be....

(Isn't that a great theme??)

WORKING AT THE GAP

I worked at Gap as a teenager in high school and I loved it!! I never made any money because while I was working I would be shopping in my head! Ha! We had to wear a white shirt and khakis on Sundays and a blue shirt and khakis on Wednesdays so I HAD to get new clothes all the time. At least that's what I told my mom when I didn't have any gas money!

One thing I didn't like about the job was the "sales" aspect. We had to offer people credit cards at the register and I hated that. I didn't even have a credit card myself because I was 17 years old and I remember a customer asked me once what the interest rate was. I said "twenty-two percent" and he freaked out and I was thinking what's the big deal?? Oh, innocence.

Hope you have a fantastic Wednesday!

Where was YOUR youth job??

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I never worked when I was in high school but when I went away to college I worked at a Sports Store... I HATED it. I was a cashier and I was miserable. That was my first real job. Blah!
I worked at a bank after that though, and we had to "sell" our products too. That was the very worst part about the job... trying to convince someone to take on a credit card when I personally think they are evil!? lol

Happy Wednesday!

Kathryn said...

My first job was a carhop at Sonic - roller skates and all. I hated it. If I could go back to a job, it would be lifeguarding for 4 years at the Y in college. Now THOSE were the days.

Beth said...

I have a friend (now in her early 30s) that still works at the Gap part time - she usually does the unloading early morning shift- and LOVES it- because, of course, of the discount. I worked in a clothing store for a while in college- and I too hated being pushy about credit cards and what not!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

What great experience for you though! I know what you mean about the credit card aspect .... so tough!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs