Monday, July 12, 2010

It's Getting Hot, Hot, Hot

Despite the fact that it was approximately 458 degrees F on Saturday, Joe and I decided to organize our garage. We sure are gluttons for punishment. We had stacks of boxes that we've just moved from house to house since we've been married and we just never got around to going through it all. Plus, the scraps from several projects, like constructing a headboard and putting in landscaping were still lying around. So we organized, trashed, sorted and sweated the day away. It was glorious. Except not.

I convinced Joe to let me label the areas on his workbench. He wouldn't let me make pretty labels with my label maker so I used the next best thing, a Sharpie and Duct Tape. Ha!


When it was finished we realized we had enough paper towels and Ziploc baggies to last a lifetime.

The good news is that we got it all finished in one day! Hallelujah! Now I won't be embarrased to open our garage door! Ha!

On Saturday night a girlfriend I went to a Girl's Night at a cute little Wine Bar here in town. They had a competition for each girl to come up with her own signature martini using a list of ingredients they provided. It's harder than you might think but the girl who won made such a good one they're adding it to the menu!

On Sunday Joe and I tried a new restaurant in town that had is now my new FAVORITE! Mmmmm... my mouth is watering just thinking about it - Lebanese food!

This morning I'm driving to Kansas City to spend the week with my parents and friends. I've got a lot of stuff planned to keep me occupied!

How was your weekend??

3 comments:

Annie said...

Good for you! I can't wait to have a garage to organize. All of our stuff is in the basement ;-(

Unknown said...

I have never had Lebanese food... mmmm... I would like some though!!
have a great week with your parents!!
And look at you go with the organizing :) I need to do that in this house something bad!

Brittany Ann said...

I've never had Lebanese food! But it looks so good!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs