Thursday, August 19, 2010

Five Dollar Bed Update and Other Stuff

I wanted to show you how my five dollar bed turned out! This might be my best garage sale bargain yet - it's antique and solid wood. I was so glad to paint it and replace the gross futon we had in our office. I hope I'm not the only one who still has their futon from college - but after eight years it was time for it to go!! Ha!


I think it turned out pretty cute. I didn't have it fixed up too much for this picture because I snapped this right before we had someone sleep on it. Last night my in-laws and brother-in-law stayed the night on the way to Oklahoma to move him in for college. Boomer Sooner!

Also, I have to report that I have lied to you. Inadvertently. I've said in several blogs that I hate baths and I honestly felt pretty strongly about it. I hated the idea of sitting in my own filth. But truth be told, I've turned to the dark side and I've started picking up bubble baths and bath accessories lately. I'm so ashamed to admit it, but I love my bath time! Ha!

Speaking of the bathroom, I think I'm going to try to talk Joe into painting it. I have been loving gray so much lately so I went to Home Depot and got a couple samples. What do you think? Is gray too cold for a bathroom??? I know most people paint bathrooms blues and greens so gray might be a little "out there" but maybe it could work? All of our tile and counters are browns so maybe I need something warmer? Help a girl out!

Today is my first day of graduate school so if you think about it, send me good vibes this afternoon! I hope I find all my classes and don't embarrass myself by showing up in my underwear (given the nightmare I had last night! Ha!)

Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

ty said...

I LOVE that Vanilla Wafer soap. I'm always tempted to take off the cap and drink it.

Sassy Gal said...

I love it! The 'dark' side! Welcome over!!! LOL....LOVE the bed, too...as for the paint, I am not gifted or skilled in the ways of paint selection....but I do love gray paint with all white accessories...SO want to do that in my kitchen....hmmm...

Real Housewife of the Midwest said...

I like the taupe-ish color on the left. I think it's a good compromise between gray and brown. One more thing....BOOMER SOONER!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Hope school was amazing for you!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs