Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dinner Theater

Last week I was talking to Joe about how I wish our generation went to more shows. Live shows with actors. Musicals. With an actual stage. Don't get me wrong, I love-love-love the movie theater but don't you think there's just something cool about seeing an actual production? I do!

But then I didn't think anything else of it.

Joe came home from work on Friday last week with a "surprise" and told me to get ready...


When we got downtown he told me he had gotten tickets to the local dinner theater. The show was called "All Shook Up" and it was a musical set in the 50s about a small town. A new guy (who resembled Elvis) comes into town who is full of spirit and boots the morale of the town.

They had a huge buffet before the show. We ate like little piggies!!


Then we ordered the Chocolate Peanut Butter Explosion cake. Oh-em-gee.


When was the last time you went to an actual play or musical?? Don't you think there's something special about live performances??

Joe is on call tonight so it's me and the dog. I think I'll go pick up some food and watch a movie in bed.

Happy Wednesday to you!!

5 comments:

Bea said...

What a sweet surprise!

The last musical I saw was Mama Mia with my sister and dad. It was about 4 years ago, before it was made into a movie. I love musicals! I have made my husband SWEAR he will see one with me, but so far I haven't been able to hold him to the promise. Hmmm... what's the next holiday coming up where I can make him take me to a show? Mother's Day, perhaps? (bwahahaha)

Ams said...

What an amazing hubby you have!!
That sounds like a great night out :)
I have never seen a musical but would love to!

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

How sweet of hubby! I would love to go to a place like this!

xo
Blair

Real Housewife of the Midwest said...

What a sweet hubby! Last musical I saw was last summer, The Lion King. It was awesome! It is a special treat to see a live performance for sure!

Anonymous said...

omg, i want that dessert!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs