Friday, February 5, 2010

So You Think WE Can Dance?

Tonight we had a private dance lesson at a studio downtown (Christmas present). I was so nervous to go. Not only because I didn't know what kind of shoes to wear, but because, well, we'd have to actually dance. In front of others.

We got there and our instructor asked us which THREE dances we thought we'd like to learn tonight. Salsa? Cha-Cha? Waltz? Swing? I thought that was pretty lofty since the lesson was only an hour, but we went with it and chose Foxtrot, Swing and Salsa.

Some highlights:
1. When the instructor said to take off on my right foot. And I immediately went on my left. Oops..
2. Joe stepping on my toes three times in a row. Next time it's steel toe boots!
3. The instructor asked us "So, are you guys pretty musically inclined?" and we looked at each other and started laughing hysterically. Ha!

It's only a matter of time before we're cutting rugs all over town!

But we had so much fun.

Then we went to Pei Wei and Baskin Robbins because dancing is quite the workout and doesn't ice cream always taste better when it's cold outside?? :)

Have a fabulous Friday!!

5 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

I can't believe you got the hubs to go! Mine would have been none too thrilled!

Samantha said...

OH I'd love to take lessons and to eat the treat after too!

Lesli said...

How funny.. you have me lol!!! It does sound like lots of fun though and now you have me wishing I had some Baskin Robbins right about now!!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

How fun!! I would love a chance to take dance lessons! Maybe I can talk the hubs into it one day!

Anonymous said...

you should have taken note from your first dance lesson to never wear open toes again! haha remind me to tell you what Bob's face looks like when he is trying to concentrate on the steps. too funny!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs