Tuesday, June 15, 2010

School

Joe and I left town early Saturday morning because we found out his aunt was having major health problems. We were with her in the hospital all weekend and also yesterday, when she finally had surgery (and everything is looking better now - thank God!!). So it feels weird to come home from an extended weekend on a Tuesday - my days are all messed up now! 

We had to be home today because.... 

**drumroll**

I'm definitely starting graduate school full time this Fall!! 
I'm so excited! And this afternoon I had my first meeting with my advisor!

Joe was scheduled to be on call tonight so he was in the area when I got out of my meeting and let's just say it was a BLESSING because I had a major flat tire that he changed for me.

Can I take an unofficial bloggy poll? 

How many of you girls can change a tire by yourselves?? 

I'm thinking it's DUE TIME for me to learn! Ha!



6 comments:

Brittany Ann said...

Yay for grad school! Congrats!

And flat tire? Me? No way!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

How exciting...congrats!

And nooo...I don't know how to change a flat tire. Really should learn though!

The world is hers said...

Congratulations!!

I can change a tire! I dated a guy a couple years ago that made me learn one night when we got a flat tire (in the dark, on a gravel road!). It came in handy because about a month later I was riding with a friend who got a flat, and I changed it!

Unknown said...

I can't!!! But I MUST MUST learn how for sure.

And congrats on grad school... super exciting!

(PS I love that Joe is changing the tire in his scrubs... they never get out of those things do they!?)

Annie said...

Awesome! Congrats on grad school. I haven't actually used my graduate degree, but am so glad I have it :-)

Me? Change a tire? Heck no! These pics cracked me up, because hubby has changed tires in scrubs too!

ty said...

haha, my dad made me learn how. i still make boys do it for me if i can, though :)

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs