Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Card 2009

Oh my gosh, I LOVE Christmas cards! We live in a world of email, evite, e-everything! Do you ever feel like the only "regular" mail you get is bills? That's why I get so excited this time of year. I'm so excited to check the mail every day!

This year was the first year I decided to do a personalized photo card. We used a sweet girl from Etsy to create these:

Our friend, Rachael, took the picture one afternoon when we had a little impromptu photo-session on our porch swing. I look like a whack-a-doodle but it's candid and I love that!

*EDIT* One of my readers asked me which Etsy seller did our cards. I can't believe I forgot to give you her name (she was great to work with and one of the more affordable ones I found!)... It's sweetpapers.

I can't wait to visit the other blogs participating in the Card Carousel. Are you playing along??

21 comments:

Angela said...

so cute! I just mailed out ours and have a post ready to go on my blog for tomorrow.

Natalie said...

These cards are too cute! Which reminds me... I need to do mine also. Woops!

Amy said...

Hey love your cards and the picture--mind sharing the etsy seller?

Jill said...

Love your card! We use etsy for all of our cards/invites too...so many talented designers on there!

Merry Christmas!

{:miss v:} said...

I LOVE your cards! I mean LOVE.

I'm so upset that I didn't get those! hahaha!

I love'em....

Faith said...

So cute!!! Love that picture of you two and the design is adorable. I {heart} etsy!

Thanks so much for joining in the fun!!

Heather said...

Love your Christmas card!!! SO fun! that is a great picture! I love etsy too! Merry Christmas!

petrii said...

I LOVE your card!!! So cute!!

Have a Blessed and Merry CHRISTmas,
Dawn @ dawnscottagecorner.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love the card and the candid picture. Thanks for sharing!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Oh my gosh, how random! I just came over from the Christmas Card carousel and was like...hey, they look familiar...this is sarahjanell from the knot! You guys are SO cute and I LOVE your card!! Hope all is well and i look forward to following your blog! :)

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

so cute, I love it!
I am so bad...
1.) I have not sent my cards out
2.) We have not taken our "family" photo to put in the card or to make a cute card like yours
and
3.) I don't even feel like messing with it!

Have a great day!

xoxo,
Blair

K Mommy said...

Your card is wonderful! I love candid pictures!

~Karmen
http://whynotdancewithus.blogspot.com

Kathryn said...

LOVE them!

Stephanie said...

Oh how cute - I love that you chose a candid shot! Thanks for sharing!

RN and OSHP said...

Cute! I love the colors and candid pictures are always fun!

Anonymous said...

Super cute card!

Megan said...

Hopped on over from the carousel. Very cute card! I love it!

Betsy said...

Oooooo...you card is sooo cute! I love it! :)

Lianna Knight said...

So very cute!!

You can see our cards here...

http://bethouaknight.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmas-card-carousel.html

Tanya said...

Love the candid shot...I did something similar of my kids for our card. Look forward to checking out your blog.

Jamie said...

I LOVE the pics of you and your sweetie, and what a great card! Merry Christmas!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs