Friday, December 18, 2009

Holiday Parties - Looking Good on a Budget!

Tis the season for the holiday party! We have four Christmas parties for Joe's work alone (each of the anesthesia groups has their own party) so I've been thinking about how to look nice at each one without breaking the bank...

1. Get a little black dress. Or little gray dress. Something you could wear to several parties but also use at church, recitals for the kids, etc. I like this Calvin Klein number and this from Target.

2. Then, get a great pair of shoes. This is where you can really jazz up your outfit. I bought these from TJMaxx last week and I already wore them to a party we had last weekend.
3. Reuse your wedding jewelery! For any fancy occasion, I always wear the necklace I wore on our wedding day. It's a big statement piece. Maybe you wore some pretty chandelier earrings or a beautiful pendant necklace. Why not wear them again?

wedding day: bridesmaids putting my necklace on

4. Punch up your makeup. I'm going to go for this purple-smokey eye this weekend. If you're already doing the smokey eye a lot, why not wear so a retro look with pretty red lipstick?


And remember, you ALWAYS look good when you're confident and having fun!




6 comments:

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

great post!! I love the shoes, eyeshadow, and that necklace is amazing!!!!

Its So Very Cheri said...

Love it--love the shoes and dresses.

Cheri

Alissa said...

Love all of it the shoes, the makeup, your wedding jewelery. I can't believe you found those shoes at tj maxx!

Sarah said...

I love your makeup in your wedding photo! You look really beautiful.

Dorkys Ramos said...

Thanks for the tips! I have a company holiday dinner date on Tuesday and still have to figure out what to wear!

{:miss v:} said...

That purple smokey eye is gorgeous! I wish I could do a great smokey eye!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Custom Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs